Because of Summer Break and my parents were supposed to go to Vegas on a vacation.
But as soon as they left, instead of me getting started on stuff to post here and on Tumblr. One of my dogs, which was already sick to begin with, started REALLY refusing his medication and had an anxiety episode that looked suspiciously like a seizure when I had no other choice but to force him to take it.
For the last two and a half days, I worried myself to exhaustion and took a lot of my bullshit out on the dwarf-lord. I couldn't eat, could barely sleep [or all I COULD do was sleep, there was no middle ground. And even when I did, it wasn't GOOD sleep.] Until the dwarf-lord and I took him in to the vet today.
The doc had originally wanted this appointment, but I was reluctant because I didn't know what my driving situation would be. But after that episode, I decided I might need to board him.
One blood test, two consultations, and a very distressing phone call later: I had to put my dog down. He was grossly anemic, not improving, and too old/far gone for the excessive treatment [which Doc crunched the numbers to only be 12% survivable for him anyway] to be viable.
Summer's turning out to be about as shit as my christmas break was.